Every highschooler's dilemma.. I guess?

I really appreciate those people who know what they want. It's very satisfying seeing a teenager who knows that he/she wants to end up a doctor or teacher etc..

But I don't have that luxury. I'm at crossroads. I know I love the sciences and math. But really, I've know that since 1st grade anyway -_-.

So now I'm in 12th grade AND IT'S SCARY!


I really do wish that I am not the only in such a position. And from what I've seen so far at my school, there are a lot of people who still don't know what they want either.
So, I will put this blog to good cause. I will research all the different crazy domains out there and write the fruit of my research over here occasionally.

Let me first state my very "unique" situation that usually makes any victim who thinks he/she can help me make my decision  really wanna slap me and walk away.

Here's the deal.

I love the sciences! But do I really wanna be a doctor? Spend all those years in Medical school and then maybe not like it?! Plus, I don't wanna pursue Medicine just because I'm expected to! (Here in the Middle East, anyone who gets high score is a moron if he/she doesn't enter Med. I mean it's Med!)

So I thought I'd explore all the other domains out there before making the big decision that yes Medicine is the best domain for me out there.

So so far my thoughts about all the other "classical" domains that people seek over here:

Pharmacy: I know, I know.. that not all Pharmacists end up selling Medicine in a "Mini-market like" Pharmacy. I know one can enter Clinical Pharmacy or what's not. But I don't wanna end up working in a laboratory in some factory my entire life! I dunno, maybe I dunno enough about that field. But so far, not the most appealing.

Education (Generally):  no No and NO
I WILL SIMPLY NOT END UP AS A TEACHER!
I mean man do I respect an actual good teacher! It's a talent! We owe our teachers everything! Whether those within our schools, university, or even those who offer free online help.. you name it! It's such a selfless amazing job to pursue.

But. Not. For. Me.
At least not at this position. I can become a College professor maybe someday, if I really excel at my
domain, but right now, it is not my main goal to teach other people.

Engineering: Just like every girl living in the Middle East, my Dad screamed "NO!" at the thought of my becoming an engineer. (Side Note: I was only in like 6th grade when I first brought that up.) He had this long talk with me about how it is totally inconvenient for a married woman (I know right -_-) to become an engineer and work with all those workers everyday on sets and stuff. ( I didn't like the sound of that obviously :P)

So I was raised on the fact that No No to engineering.
But you know what, throughout my research on the plethora of other engineering domain other than Civil engineering, which obviously my dad was referring to, I still didn't find a domain that really captured my attention.
Most are again full of lab work and stuff. I would love a field that would allow me to interact with people outside a laboratory environment.

Of course, evidently, I did not do enough research so far to make up my mind.

So, off I go!
I will research all those crazy, bizarre fields out there!
Each and everyone in as much detail as I can!

Of course anyone of you out there, who was strong enough to continue read this far, is more than welcome to share his/her experience!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost... and Found

It's Strength to give up

Mercantilism