Mercantilism

This time I decided I would share with you something I learned in my History class. 

Mercantilism sounds like such a tough word, when all along it actually describes a very basic economic aspect. Basically, it is an economic idea which asserts that government control over foreign trade is necessary for the prosperity and security of the nation. Which means that the country basically makes sure that it exports more than it imports to make sure that it gets as much income as possible. One of the most popular examples of mercantilism would be Great Britain, which used its colonies to the full, allowing all their goods to be exported through itself and only itself. Of course, some goods were even on the "black list" of exports, like gold, for example, which Britain only imported. 

This is a really nice video that explains it all... not as good as Mrs. Zunaira of course, but close enough :P





So then, basically, it was a country's main way of gaining supreme power, because we all know that it is through that green stuff that a country can gain full power and eminence.. Britain did a very good job at that.. well until the American Revolution that is... 
Stay posted! 

For another post about History you can check out my previous post "Rebellion.. the Unforgivable Sin" :D

Comments

  1. Hi Buddy,
    Thanks for commenting on my old post and refreshing my memories back.
    I couldnt watch the video in my office, will check it out later. Nice bit of info. Economics is my favorite by the way. So do write if any doubts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened..to u.. still the last post?..
    thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry ^_^' I've been really busy and well.. procrastinating! It's coming soon :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost... and Found

It's Strength to give up