The END?! TOO SOON!

So today is a very special day!

I realized yesterday, while talking to a friend, that two months would have passed since I started my blog by today! My first post was on 10/21/12!

Yeah, and there is this small fact that it's 21/12/12 and all.. XP

We're not dead are we?!

If you don't know what 21/12 is... then you live under a rock, sorry won't explain it.. ;P But if you were one of the millions out there who a couple of years ago got shocked with the fact that you may "scientifically" die so soon, then welcome aboard!


I was in 8th grade when I first found out. So, being the obsessed environmentalist I was then (well, I still believe in "Healing the World" like Micheal Jackson put it, but now I am hated for being obsessed with politics.. I mean think of it.. It all has to do with politics doesn't it?!) I took it seriously, because it does make sense if you give it a good thought.. scientifically speaking again.
The hilarious part was that 21/12 was on Friday, the day when we as Muslims believe The Day of Judgement will arrive! So "To be or not to  be" .. Is it or is it not?! IS IT?!!

But then I realized how folly it is to even think of it in this manner! As a Muslim, I also believe that we do not know when The Day of Judgement would come, at least not exactly.. And more importantly, we are not SUPPOSED TO!  Because we may die at any moment, even if not a Muslim everyone knows that... So why are we humans always so obsessed with knowing the unknown, even if it will do us no good! That word "unknown" intimidates us so much; it petrifies us! But all along, we fail to embrace what we already do know and try and make our slate as clean as possible until that day may come, knowing that every day, every moment is worth using to become a better person because every moment is, in fact, a step closer to death. And if that sentence seemed "pessimistic" to you, then you are one of those who NEED a date set to be a better person, who need that dead line to urge you to do what you always wanted.

My brother, like many others, when he watched one of those Youtube videos, gave me that terrified look saying "But what if it is?!" He was so scared, he started praying and trying to improve his school grades (the ultimate goal of a 7th grader XD). I mean that's what you would probably do if you found out you had cancer or were about to die, right?!
NO!!!
That's what you should do everyday! So go make the most out of your life. You're not dead yet so.... I mean it might be on 11/12/13 or something! Wait, I think I forgot to pray Al Maghreb! (Oops!)
Now THIS is more believable than all the other nonsense!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost... and Found

It's Strength to give up

Mercantilism