Birthday wish

Just when you are about to blow out the candles, you are usually asked to make that "birthday wish". As kids, we believe in them with pure innocence, putting all our might in that tiny little wish, dream we're longing for. As  we  grow older, we realize that the World is a lot more complicated than that. We realize that wishes  don't just get granted like that- that well, what we want most, what we fantasize about day and night, is sometimes the least likely event to happen.

We learn that..

So we learn that we should work to make our wishes come true. 
But then we work, we try and try, but sometimes our wishes are not as simple as getting a car or a new electronic device or a good grade or what's not.

Sometimes, we dream big. Sometimes, we realize that our dreams are just our of our reach. So does that mean we should stop dreaming?

Does that mean we should stop wishing and dreaming even though everything surrounding us is tangible proof that it may never happen? 


No! 

So now, 2 minutes before it strikes 12 and by birthday comes to an end, I will  make my birthday wish:

I want my country to be a better place. 
Not heaven because I know that it is something folly to even dream of. But just a little better, a little less hard to live in. I want people to be less materialistic, including  myself. I don't want to grow up to be a money freak. I want to still be surrounded by all the people I like an who (claim at least to ;P) like me back.

I wish the word "politician" would have a synonym other than "control freak" or "hypocrite". 

Double wishing that last one XP


hmmm...
I am not really content with what I just wrote haha.. I guess I'm just taking my baby steps towards posting again after all this time lol 

Comments

  1. Je suis très content ^_^
    This part especially I LOVE IT !
    " As kids, we usually believe in them with pure innocence, putting all our might in that tiny little wish"
    3yza olk enu till nw ana b3ml keda :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.. leh knt 7assa enik konti hat2ooli keda?

    lol.. Thanks a lot for the encouragement! It's not deserved yet appreciated! :P (okay, don't kill me XP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm.... zy mana kont 7asa enu el post hykon 3la ur birthday :P
    e7m e7m !!
    asln makontsh harod 3shn a5er sentence de bs tab3n ana el kbeera w kda f ht3'ada 3n da :P


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost... and Found

It's Strength to give up

Mercantilism