Heyyyy Russia :P

Today, while I was checking my blog stats, I found out that I had 12 views from Russia in the last 2 days, 6 of which today. Now, I didn't usually have many views lately because.. well.. I stopped posting for a HALF A YEAR and all.. but still those few views I got in the last 2 days got me wondering..

Is this one person who viewed more than one of my posts? Or just a few Russians who happened to barge into my blog through Google coincidentally?

I have always wondered about that whenever I get a 25 from Germany or a 20 from U.S in a day or something ever since I started my blog..
And I realized that I would rather my blog to be the least known among the World with a few loyal followers than post about all the popular "most commonly Googled stuff" (if a list like that even exists :P) and have a ton views of "passer-by's"- although by the way I appreciate every viewer, even the one who randomly bumped into my blog out of the blue and decided to leave and never come back ;)

So that made me think of all the famous actors, writers, even politicians and what they did to get that ever wanted fame. And I started feeling really sorry for the ones that passed my mind who were nothing but jokes- people who were ready to do anything and everything to follow the stereotype and become "popular". We criticize some actors and actresses for that, but history and society is rife with examples of politicians and even scientists (yes scientists! the only name I have in mind right now is of one who is still alive though.. ehem. Don't want any hate emails lol) who were moved by nothing but the lust for fame. And where has this got us?!

Countries all over the World that are deteriorating financially, ethically, politically, and in every other way because of unfit leaders- those with hollow and unrealistic promises in elections to get the agreeing nods of everyone, and nothing but selfish motives and actions when they get that position, a position respected by everyone. Leaders whether as employers, principals, professors, politicians, and so on- from the student running for head of student body to the presidents or countries. 

Sadly, most run for such positions for personal motives, for the "all for one" before the "one for all". I don't mean to condemn every leader out there. I just realized that we humans are inclined  to be selfish, but if we think, we will realize that easy popularity among everyone is usually not the right path to traverse. Doing what you believe in because you know it's the right thing to do will usually gain you a few avid fans that will respect your strong personality whilst standing for what you believe in against discouraging atmospheres.    

And just a side note, I just googled "Most commonly googled things " and found an actual list for 2012! I knew Olympics2012 would be on the 2012 list ! That's why my friend got all those views after posting about it! Gotta go google the "potential most commonly googled things in 2013"

... Oops! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost... and Found

It's Strength to give up

Mercantilism